Coach's Seasonal Checklist
Thanks for volunteering as a coach! This section contains the information that a coach needs to know, from preseason until season conclussion.
Start of Season:
- Receive Roster
- Obtain Practice time(s) / field
- Contact all Families - Welcome / Logistics / Zero Tolerance
- Perform Uniform Swaps
- Update Roster
- View your schedule (BAYS)
- Contact all Families - Team Strategy / Philosophy / Updates
- Team Meeting (Usually Practice 1)
- Report Score (if required)
- Email Team - Weekly Recap / Week Ahead
- Email Opponent
- Plan Practices / Pick weekly "Theme"
- Email Team - Game Reminder
End of Season:
- Complete player evals
- Year End Recap
- Year End Party
Practice Plans / Guidelines
This section is designed for coaches to find soccer specific knowledge, official curriculums, and practice plans.
Systems of Play:
- U9 & 10 - 2-1-2 System of Play
- U11 & 12 - 2-4-1 System of Play
- U13 & 14 - 4-3-3 System of Play
MYS Player Development Curriculums
GPS Player Development Curriculums
Mass Youth Soccer Player Development Curriculums:
Resources in this section are designed to improve coaches, season over season, year over year.
Training / Development: